Oliver (Ollie) has extensive experience in corporate, employment and commercial matters.
He regularly advises clients on investments, financings, private acquisitions and joint ventures. He has acted on a range of corporate reorganisations and provides general advice on company law and corporate governance issues.
Ollie also advises on contentious and non-contentious employment matters, contractual arrangements for senior management and employment disputes.
Ollie graduated with first class honours in Modern History from Oxford University and worked for a number of years at Slaughter and May, a leading international law firm based in London, before joining Asserson in 2011. He headed the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Department from 2013 to 2016.
Ollie enjoys reading, cycling and spending time with his children.
- office +44 (0)203 150 1305
- mobile +972 (0)54 953 6525
Examples of recent work
Corporate and Finance
- Advising on a $20 million investment by a leading US financial institution into a developed travel business, including a complex subscription agreement and shareholder agreement.
- Acting for a corporate group on a corporate demerger of its trading business from its property management business
- Advising an energy business on an asset sale of a portfolio of wind turbines
- Advising a hedge fund on a $22 million financing and a security package for the purpose of a proposed acquisition
- Successfully defending a major luxury jewelry retailer against proceedings brought by two senior employees in the UK tribunals, with claims of approx. £400,000.
- Negotiating complex employment and incentivisation packages for various CEOs and senior management, in particular senior management joining private equity backed businesses.
- Advising on a high-value exclusive, long-term distribution arrangement for a distributor of medical devices.
- Advising an international manufacturer of cleaning products on a joint venture agreement for the import, distribution and sale of its products in Russia, where the brand in estimated to be worth $100 million.
An interview for the Jerusalem Post in respect of new UK company laws on disclosure of beneficial owners, 26 January 2016
Hiring and firing employees – ALondon magazine, 2013
Private acquisitions in the UK – ALondon magazine, 2012
Concerning new UK company laws on keeping a register of persons with significant control, Globes, 11 November 2015
The employment rights of employees who have relocated, Globes, 21 July 2015
The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Governance 2011, United Kingdom
Pitfalls of online transactions, Yediot Acharonot, 2014