Richard J. Shore
Richard is a U.S. qualified attorney with over a decade of experience in complex commercial litigation. He has represented a wide range parties, including individuals, multinational corporations and the State of New York in real estate, corporate, and securities litigations and governmental investigations.
Before joining Asserson, Richard worked for the New York State Attorney General’s Office in the enforcement section of the Real Estate Finance Bureau, participating in investigations and litigations in matters involving real estate, securities, corporate, tax, and consumer protection. In 2015 and 2016, Richard was awarded the prestigious Louis Lefkowitz award for outstanding service.
Richard also spent over 7 years at a New York boutique litigation firm where he undertook litigation and arbitration in securities, corporate and real estate matters. He represented international corporations, LLCs, partnerships, shareholders, members, individuals, broker-dealers, managing agents, tenant groups, boards of directors and managers, and developers.
Richard’s international experience includes serving as a Foreign Law Clerk at the Supreme Court of Israel and interning at the International Criminal Tribunal of the former Yugoslavia.
Richard graduated Cum Laude from Seattle University School of Law in 2006 and obtained his undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2003.
Richard lives with his family on an Israeli Kibbutz and enjoys frequent travel to New York and abroad.
- office + 972 (0)3 744 9191
- mobile + 972 (0)58 499 6763
Examples of recent work
- Defended Italian and English clients in $70+ million lawsuit in the SDNY in relation to the aborted sale of the largest privately-owned collection of antique Greek and Roman sculptures
- Brought consumer frauds claims resulting in $12 Million in restitution and injunctive relief against billion dollar Fantasy Sports companies
- Participated in investigation of industry-wide tax violations resulting in hundreds of thousands of apartments coming into compliance and millions of dollars of restitution
- Brought first-of-its-kind litigation dissolving a NY corporation under the Business Corporation Law
- Defended investment advisor in $100+ million dollar dispute in FINRA arbitration
- Obtained summary judgment defending a Spanish hotelier in lease dispute resulting in a multi-jurisdiction settlement
- Defended Fortune 500 retail giant in lease dispute after premise destroyed during the September 11 terrorist attacks
- Defended managing member of developer in LLC dispute over ownership of luxury condominium project