Adrian is a property lawyer with a particular interest in property development. He acts for residential and commercial developers, and in particular in the acquisition and disposal of brownfield development sites. He also acts for property investors in relation to the purchase, sale and management of investment properties.
Adrian’s work is across the UK although he also has a deep understanding of the London market and property issues. He has consistent experience in acting for investment funds, restaurant chains, shopping centres, national retailers and residential developers on projects valued at many millions of pounds and has been retained by clients on multiple transactions over many years.
Adrian joined Asserson from Fladgate where he was a partner for many years. He lives and works in London and has a teenage daughter who keeps him busy running, cycling and hiking.
- office +44 (0)203 887 3649
- mobile +44 (0)7778 260 907
Examples of recent work
- Acquisition and sale post planning of a large multi-million pound development site adjacent to a railway in a central London location for a large mixed-use development. This transaction was extremely complex and involved protracted negotiations with both Network Rail and Docklands Light Railway in relation to their adjoining interests. The acquisition also involved the consideration of rights to light issues.
- Disposal of a multi-million pound development site in Clerkenwell.
- Acting for a substantial real estate investment fund in relation to numerous forward funded acquisitions.
- Acquisition of a 125 acre site in Dorset comprising part existing technology park and part development land. The acquisition from English Partnerships involved complex negotiations in relation to the manner and management of future development on the site.
- Acting for numerous restaurant chains over a number of years in relation to the acquisition, disposal and management of restaurant units.
- Acting for a number of residential developers in relation to the acquisition of development sites, negotiation and completion of agreements with statutory undertakers, drafting of sale documentation and liaison with new homes department in relation to plot sales.
- Acting for an offshore based energy fund in relation to the acquisition of multiple sites for green electricity generating facilities.
- For almost 20 years, acting as lead lawyer to a nationwide car retailer, handling the acquisition and disposal of all sites and all property issues in relation to the entire national network.
- Property aspects of a £110m joint venture between clients and HBoS involving property due diligence for a large number of sites acquired as part of the joint venture.
- Acting in relation to the purchase and subsequent disposal of a multi-million pound shopping centre in north London, to include carrying out all letting and other management work during the period of client’s ownership.
- Acting in relation to the acquisition of a multi-million pound investment property in Covent Garden, to include fully letting the property following acquisition.
- Acquisition of a multi-million pound investment property in Welwyn Garden City. Work involved all relevant management issues and disposal of the upper parts and air space on a long lease for development.
- Acting for a major shopping centre owner in relation to all legal aspects relating to the property management of one of its larger shopping centres.
- Acting for a substantial real estate management company in relation to the management of a diverse property fund.
- Acquisition of a large multi-million pound development site in Docklands for a large mixed-use development. This transaction involved consideration of complex issues in relation to rights of light and also required close co-operation with the Corporate Department in relation to takeover panel issues arising from share interests in the Estate.
- Acquisition of numerous former supermarket sites for development.