Alexandra has worked as an Employment law partner for almost thirty years. During this time she has built up an extensive and widely recognised expertise in both contentious and non-contentious employment areas. She routinely handles work both for employees and employers, including discrimination claims, tribunal litigation, matters relating to whistleblowing and unfair dismissal, consultancy arrangements, HR policies, reorganisation and redundancy programmes, and TUPE.
Alexandra trained at Paisner & Co. where she became Head of Employment Law until 2001. She was subsequently an Employment Partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner and moved to become an Employment judge in the London Central Employment Tribunal in 2010. In 2017 she received a further appointment as an Immigration judge.
Alexandra graduated from the University of Cambridge. She has four children and lives in North London.
- office +44 (0)208 731 7734
- mobile +44 (0)7772 640 683
Examples of recent work
- Acting for the employer in Gallagher v Alpha Airports, a case that went to the Court of Appeal on the subject of rest breaks under the Working Time Regulations.
- Acting for a large labour supply business in relation to ongoing issues regarding detailed and complex interpretations of the National Minimum Wage Regulations
- Acting for major Israel-based multi-national company in relation to a review of local practices across 17 countries in relation to remuneration arrangements and bonus plans
- Advising on the enforceability of restrictive covenants in a design business
- Acting for a London law firm in an employment tribunal claim brought by a Partner claiming sexual harassment, sex discrimination and equal pay.
- Acting for a printing business with long-serving unionised staff in relation to its planned closure
“Exceptional – she really gets to the bottom of a situation, understanding not just the legalities but the people involved, what they are likely to do and what the risks are.” – Legal Directory
Contributor to Employment Precedents and Company Policy Documents
Contributor to TUPE section of Outsourcing by Amanda Lewis
Numerous articles in national press, legal press and HR industry journals
TEN training videos and LNTV; Sky TV and BBC radio interviews