Anna practises non-contentious construction and engineering law. She acts for a broad range of clients – developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, tenants and funds – and advises on all aspects of the documentation used in construction projects, including building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bank and surety bonds, insurance issues and on the construction aspects of development, lease and funding agreements.
Anna graduated from Leeds University with an upper second-class degree in Law with European Law. She trained with Nabarro Nathanson and qualified in 1998. Since qualifying, Anna has worked for a number of law firms including Lovells and Jeffrey Green Russell, where she was a partner and Head of Construction and Engineering.
Anna’s expertise and opinion in her specialist areas have frequently been sought by the professional press and by leading publishers. She is a member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) and of the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA). Anna has also taught construction law to junior lawyers at the College of Law.
- mobile +44 (0)7970 275222
Examples of recent work
- Acted for a major lending institution lending £7m on a residential development comprising social and private housing
- Acted for a JV Partner in respect of its involvement with the Lee Valley Sewage Replacement System during the tender period and post appointment of the JV as preferred bidder
- Acted for a major lending institution on a £44m refinancing facility involving the development of 8 residential care homes
- Acted for a specialist contractor engaged under an NEC3 contract with the Olympic Delivery Authority in respect of discrete elements of the contract, which concerned the contractor’s intellectual property rights.
- Acted on behalf of a major bank lending funds to the developer of a mixed development scheme comprising the construction of three multi storey buildings incorporating 1,105 square metres of commercial space and 90 flats with car and cycle parking, amenity and public open space together with all associated works.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London developing, on behalf of its tenant, a six storey hotel.
- Acted for the owners of a football club in respect of the development of a new all-seater football stadium together with associated external works car parking, coach parking, external concourse and landscaping plus associated statutory services supplies and connections.
- Acted for both purchasers and contractors buying or building residential homes on individual plots
- Acted for a company involved with Wind Turbines and their construction operation and maintenance over a 20 year term service contract
Construction Lawyer of 2016, Women in Law Awards
Construction Lawyer of 2017, Women in Law Awards
Finalist, Legal Services, 2016, Best Business Women Awards
Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents Volume 5 (Building and Engineering Contracts), 2004 reissue, Lexis Nexis Butterworths
Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents Volume 38(1), 2006, Lexis Nexis Butterworths
Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents Volume 38(3) (Sale of Land), 2007, Lexis Nexis Butterworths
Delay Clauses in International Construction Contracts, 2010, Kluwer Publishing