Avital advises a variety of clients, including corporate entities, high net worth individuals and charities. She has experience across a range of disputes and advises on commercial litigation and arbitration, contractual disputes, property litigation, and public law matters. In particular, Avital has advised clients on a number of occasions on matters related to the interplay between Coronial Law and the Human Rights Act.
Avital studied Theology and Religious Studies at Cambridge University. She was awarded the Corrie and Otter prize and an Exhibition for outstanding work. Avital completed the GDL with Commendation and the LPC with Distinction.
Avital trained at Asserson and qualified in 2016 with higher rights of audience.
She lives in Tel Aviv and enjoys travelling, experimental cooking and arts and crafts.
- office +44 (0)20 3150 1300 ext.231
- mobile +972 (0)58 445 3358
Examples of recent work
- Acted for a global mining group in an LCIA arbitration worth c. $1.45 billion in relation to substantial mining rights in West Africa
- Acted for a major Israeli retail and real estate group against a large Russian Bank in an LCIA arbitration involving multi-jurisdictional claims relating to freezing injunctions as well as complex breach of contract and quantification of damages issues
- Acted for a large private equity company in an LCIA arbitration for breaches of loan agreements and guarantees; successfully obtained a WFO and a final award for damages of c. USD $25 million; assisted in the recovery of damages and enforcement of the award in several jurisdictions including Cyprus, Russia, Canada and the USA.
- Acted for several companies operating in the solar power industry in a claim brought against the UK Government under the Human Rights Act for damages in excess of £200 million. The case was identified by The Lawyer magazine as one of the top 20 cases to shape the legal landscape in 2018.
- Acted for a high net worth individual as well as foreign companies in a claim against one of the world’s largest law firms for breach of contract, professional negligence and breaches of fiduciary duty and confidence, worth more than £65 million.
- Acted for a high net worth individual in a claim brought under the Insolvency Act, in connection with Cypriot proceedings, for the recovery of $53 million in damages arising out of the breach of a partnership and joint venture agreement to purchase and develop properties in the Ukraine.
- Acted for a company in relation to claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy; simultaneously acting for liquidators of a related company in the Isle of Man against a large firm of solicitors for the recovery of damages arising out of professional negligence and breach of trust.
- Defended a claim relating to environmental issues against a long-established global supplier with a worldwide turnover of c. USD $15 billion
- Defended a large property developer in a complex claim in the Technology and Construction Court involving allegations of property damage due to water ingress and concrete corrosion