David is a business lawyer who brings to the firm over 20 years’ experience in corporate and commercial matters, both in private practice and as in-house counsel.
Before joining Asserson, David served as Senior Legal Counsel at IDT Europe, the European arm of the New York Stock Exchange listed company IDT Corp. There he was responsible for advising and providing legal assistance to IDT’s financial services and telecommunications businesses based in Europe and the Far East, predominantly on commercial and regulatory matters.
David began his professional career at City law firm DJ Freeman, where he was also member of the firm’s international law group. David advised governments on both contentious and non-contentious matters, including cases tried at the International Court of Justice in the Hague. The group was repeatedly recognised as a leader in its field by Chambers and the Legal 500.
David studied Law and Mathematics at the University of Cambridge. He has been qualified as a solicitor since 1995 and is also qualified for the Israeli Bar.
He lives in Bet Shemesh with his wife and family, and enjoys comedy, reading non-fiction, and classic popular music.
- +972 (0)3 744 9191 ext.229
- +44 (0)20 3150 1300 ext.229
Examples of recent work
- Negotiating complex commercial agreements on behalf of corporate and other entities
- Acting for corporates and family offices in relation to corporate restructuring
- Advising corporates and private investors in relation to investment activity in various jurisdictions
- Advising UK and European corporates in relation to multiple legal compliance issues
- Acting for clients in relation to several significant commercial disputes, including a recent LCIA arbitration worth in excess of $1 billion on behalf of a global mining group
“Nigeria-São Tomé & Príncipe” and “Cameroon-Nigeria (Add. 2)” International Maritime Boundaries. The American Society of International Law. Republished by Brill Online, 2014. With Tim Daniel.