David has over a decade of experience in real estate law, with a particular emphasis on real estate finance work. His clients, some of whom he has acted for since the start of his career, include banks, bridging lenders, specialist development funders, family offices and sophisticated corporate borrowers, as well as property investors and developers.
David is able to bring a unique commercial perspective to his work, in part thanks to a number of years spent managing a portfolio of commercial and residential buildings outside of law.
David graduated from University College London with an honours degree in Law and French Law, spending a year studying at the Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille III in Aix-en-Provence, and is fluent in French.
David enjoys keeping active and has climbed some of the major peaks in the Alps including the Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa and Gran Paradiso.
- office +44 (0)203 150 1306
Examples of recent work
- Acting for a leading Middle Eastern bank on various loan transactions secured over UK real estate
- Over £100 million in aggregate of loan originations, participations and loan book acquisitions on behalf of a bridging lender
- £58 million refinancing of a prime central London office and retail building on behalf of a Jersey group of companies
- Portfolio refinance to the tune of £42 million for a Jersey group of companies
- Mezzanine financing of the acquisition of a £43 million shopping centre on behalf of a Middle East mezzanine funder
- £38 million refinancing of a portfolio of over 70 commercial and industrial buildings across England
- £30 million facility for the acquisition and development of a super prime Knightsbridge property on behalf of a syndicate of specialist lenders
- £20 million financing of an industrial estate by way of a secured loan note instrument
- £18 million refinancing of two central London office and retail buildings on behalf of a Jersey group of companies
- Sharia financing arrangement secured across a portfolio of prime central London properties for a Jersey and Guernsey based group
- £20 million sale of a portfolio of car showrooms