David has over a decade of experience in real estate law, with a particular emphasis on real estate finance work. His clients, some of whom he has acted for since the start of his career, include banks, bridging lenders, specialist development funders, family offices and sophisticated corporate borrowers, as well as property investors and developers.
David is able to bring a unique commercial perspective to his work, in part thanks to a number of years spent managing a portfolio of commercial and residential buildings outside of law.
David graduated from University College London with an honours degree in Law and French Law, spending a year studying at the Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille III in Aix-en-Provence, and is fluent in French.
David enjoys keeping active and has climbed some of the major peaks in the Alps including the Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa and Gran Paradiso.
- office +44 (0)203 150 1306
Examples of recent work
- Representing a leading bridging funder over a number of years on an aggregate of over £100 million of investment and development loan transactions, participations and loan portfolio acquisitions
- Acting for a Jersey entity on the £58 million refinancing of its prime central London office and retail building with a U.S. based lender
- Acting for a family office on the £38 million refinancing of their substantial portfolio of industrial and office buildings with a UK institutional lender
- Advising a property developer on the £20 million refinancing of an industrial estate with an Asian bank by way of a secured loan note instrument
- Advising a Jersey group of companies on a Sharia financing arrangement secured across a portfolio of prime central London properties
- Acting for a private lender in connection with a £30 million facility for the acquisition and development of a super prime Knightsbridge property
- Acting for a Jersey real estate investment and development fund on various acquisition finance and refinancing transactions with an aggregate value of over £40 million
- Advising a private funder over a number of years on over £15 million of development loan transactions with average facility amounts of over £1 million
- Acting for a funding platform on over £10 million of lending transactions, with an emphasis on Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme facilities
- Acting on a £20 million sale of a portfolio of car showrooms