Norman has over 40 years of experience as a Real Estate partner, including work at top law firms in London, Liverpool and Manchester. He also draws from his experiences as in-house Legal Counsel for a leading Israeli Real Estate Public Company in his work on behalf of a varied client base, which includes UK and Israeli public and private property companies, retailers, syndicates and developers.
Within Real Estate, Norman focuses on investment acquisitions and disposals, forward purchases and funding, bank financing, site redevelopment and leasing work.
Norman has additional expertise in private client matters including wills and probate. He advises clients on associated private international law issues as well as providing expert legal opinions on English probate to international counsel.
Norman graduated from Sheffield University with an Honours Degree in Law and qualified as a solicitor at the London College of Law. He has also qualified for the Israeli Bar. He lives near Jerusalem with his wife and enjoys spending time with his family, doting on his grandchildren and following the Arsenal.
- office +972 (0)3 744 9191 ext. 223 or +44 (0)203 150 0441
Examples of recent work
- Acquisition and funding of a large portfolio of multi-million pound office buildings and industrial estates throughout the UK for property syndicates
- Acquisition and forward funding of several office and industrial investments
- Management of and programme for the disposal of a multimillion pound portfolio of leasehold estate agents’ offices in the North West of England
- Acquisition and subsequent disposal of a city centre commercial and residential development together with shop lettings and apartment sales
- Acting for Israeli consortium on the acquisition and funding of high value commercial investment properties including associated off-shore corporate matters
- Acting for both buyers and sellers on forward purchase and sales of residential developments
- Acting for a private lender on secured and unsecured bridging loans
- Acting for a major Israeli bank on various loans to property investment and development companies in the UK
- One of the main members of a team that acted for an overseas investor on the acquisition and funding of a major office development in the City of London for £50 million
- Acted solely on an LMA refinance of a £34 million commercial property portfolio and associated acquisition of a City of London office investment
- Acting for an overseas investor in the letting of the floors of a major City of London Office Block
- Preparation of Inheritance Tax returns and applications to the Probate Registry in the UK for letters of administration/probate to the estates of Israeli nationals leaving assets in the UK
- Providing expert opinions for Israel’s largest law firms on pre-State English property law in leading cases involving pre-1948 ownership of land in Israel
- Acting on the enfranchisement of leases of a high value apartment in central London
- Preparation of legal opinions for use in Israeli court proceedings on the distribution of the estates of Israeli/foreign nationals who died leaving assets both in Israel and abroad
- Preparation of opinions for use by the Israeli Ministry of Justice on the validity in English law of the wills of Israeli/UK nationals in respect of the succession of Israeli assets
- Acting for clients residing around the globe in purchases and sales of houses and apartments located in the UK both for owner occupation and buy to let
- Preparation of trust deeds to govern the future ownership and occupation of family properties
- Preparation of wills for Israeli ex-pats to deal with specific property assets