Joshua joined Asserson as a trainee in October 2016.
Prior to that he volunteered for a Jewish legal charity that dealt with tenant-landlord disputes. His experience there included successfully conducting a mediation between parties in a shared freehold dispute in Stamford Hill and advising a housing agency on the legality of the acquisition of commercial property for residential use.
Joshua graduated from Mansfield College, University of Oxford in Theology and Oriental Studies. While at university he was an examination scholar and was awarded the Mansfield College essay prize. He pursued further studies at the University of Princeton before returning to the UK to undertake the GDL and LPC.
Joshua regularly lectures in his local community in Hebrew and English. He enjoys reading philosophy, complaining to the local council about a lack of bus services and, in his spare time, is a teacher for people converting to Judaism for the Sephardi Beit Din of London.
- office +972 (0)3 744 9191 ext.245 or +44 (0)203 150 1300 ext.245
- mobile +972 (0)58 779 4582
Examples of recent work
- Drafting a major due diligence report for a well-known Israeli company’s London Stock Exchange IPO
- Assisting in major litigation involving multi-million dollar collections held by the Getty Museum
- Conducting original research into cy-près testamentary principles and how they are enforced on the international stage
- Drafting analysis and initial advice on a claim against the US justice department for a breach of contract claim