Yisrael is a dual UK-US qualified attorney with significant experience advising clients in relation to commercial litigation and cross-border disputes in both the United Kingdom and the United States. He handles a wide range of disputes, with a focus on complex international litigation and arbitration.
Yisrael has advised a large number of global and multinational companies in relation to complex securities fraud claims, class action litigations, product liability claims, white collar defence, governmental investigations and disputes with insurers. Yisrael is also the managing partner of Asserson Hiller PC which is based in New York and provides support to clients in connection with a range of legal matters in the United States which involve US law. Yisrael and AHPC have handled numerous significant litigations for US clients including claims relating to the BP Oil Spill, Enron insolvency and the World Trade Center attacks.
Before joining Asserson, Yisrael was a lawyer at Dewey Ballantine LLP and Reed Smith LLP in the United States. Yisrael graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University Law Center in 2004 and was awarded the Order of the Coif.
Yisrael lives in Bet Shemesh with his wife and four children and enjoys playing guitar and (US only) football.
- office +972 (0)3 744 9191 ext.217
- mobile +972 (0)54 947 3808
Examples of recent work
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against client following 5 day trial in the High Court in connection with a dispute related to the redevelopment of Grade II-listed property in Soho
- Obtained a final award from the LCIA in the sum of US $25 million and simultaneously obtained a worldwide freezing order in support of the pending arbitration on behalf of our client, and assisted in enforcement litigation in the United States, Canada and Russia
- Acted for a real estate development client in connection with an ICC arbitration in London seeking recovery of damages in excess of £15 million
- Defended a large property developer in a complex claim in the Technology and Construction Court involving allegations of property damage due to water ingress and concrete corrosion
- Defended a claim relating to environmental issues against a long-established global supplier with a worldwide turnover of c. USD $15 billion
- Acted for a global agrochemical company in an ad hoc arbitration concerning the collapse of a $37 million R&D programme
- Represented an English company in a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration against a multi-national financial services corporation
- Defending $70+ million lawsuit in the SDNY against the Getty Museum and others in relation to the aborted sale of the largest privately-owned collection of antique Greek and Roman sculptures
- Acting for companies claiming insurance coverage for damages arising out of the BP Oil Spill (Macondo well)
- Acting for re-insurer in defense of $6 billion insurance litigation arising out of the destruction of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001
- Acting for various companies seeking damages in multi-district litigation in connection with the insolvency of Enron
“Patient in addressing complex matters” – Legal 500
Direct Mortgage Co. v. National Union Fire Insurance Company: Fidelity Bond Coverage for Insured’s Liability to Third Parties, April 2009, with Mark S. Hersh
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance: Coverage and Claims, May 2007, with Carolyn H. Rosenberg, Duane F. Sigelko and J. Andrew Moss